Five Energy Stories Worth Reading Today (2/14/12)
Posted By Lowell F. on February 14th, 2012
Here are five recommended reads for today (2/14/12)
- Bloomberg reports, “President Barack Obama’s proposed budget would renew and extend a subsidy for renewable-energy projects that helps pay for as much as 30 percent of development costs, according to a solar lobbying group.”
- On DeSmogBlog, Carol Linnitt asks, “Why Is Canada Killing Wolves and Muzzling Scientists To Protect Tar Sands Interests?“
- 350.org founder Bill McKibben announces on his Twitter feed that a petition against the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline passed 500,000 signatures in under 7 hours.
- The Washington Post reports, Gov. Martin O’Malley will be speaking in support of a bill aimed at developing offshore wind energy in Maryland… The governor has made the measure a priority of his legislative agenda again this year.”
- At Climate Progress, Joe Romm explains why NY Times business columnist Joe Nocera is “still wrong and ‘very unfair’ about the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.”