Five Energy Stories Worth Reading Today (12/27/12)
Posted By Lowell F. on December 27th, 2012
Here are five recommended reads for today (12/27/12).
- According to CleanTechnica, the largest U.S. solar power company, Florida-based NextEra Resources, “is about to add a whopping 750 more megawatts in one fell swoop if the Environmental Impact Statement for its proposed McCoy solar energy project in California passes muster.”
- Bloomberg reports, “The U.K., which had the wettest summer in 100 years, added solar power to a list of technologies deemed crucial to meeting renewable-energy and carbon-reduction targets.”
- CleanTechnica has its top 10 electric vehicle (EV) stories from 2012. The top story: “there have been many entries into the EV market this year, and many announced EVs that will soon be hitting the market.”
- Bryan Walsh of Time Magazine’s Ecocentric blog has a “cloudy forecast for renewable energy, with a silver lining,” for 2013.
- Pacific Business News reports that there were more PV installations in Oahu “this year than in past decade combined.”